There is no better place to lull the day away, then to spend time with an old friend sitting on the front porch enjoying memories, thoughts and ponderings. I pray that as you peek through my Picket Fence that you will be blessed and may you always find peace from God. This blog is dedicated to my Children and Grandchildren, I pray that the memories and the ponderings I post here will inspire and encourage you and even make you laugh a little.
Monday, February 2, 2009
Stop, Mommy It Hurts!!!
On Saturday, our family went to our favorite Wing spot for lunch and while we were waiting for our lunch to arrive, my 4 year old Grandson Cole decided to try and see if his head would fit in the back of the chair he was sitting in. We looked over and he was saying Help, Help, my head won't come out! My daughter and my husband started frantically trying to pull his head back through, to his pleas of "Stop Mommy it hurts" and "Ouch, Papa." I being the calm one said "why don't you just pull his body out the back way and they tried it and out he came. I should have taken a picture with my cell phone to show you all, but in the panic of the moment, that was the last thing of my mind. I did ask my daughter if we could reinact the moment and she looked at me with those sharp brown eyes and said "Mother, please". Moral of the story is don't go sticking your head it where it doesn't belong! And this reminded me of how we get into things we really shouldn't and our loving Father, reaches down and pulls us out.
9 comments:
Funny!NOT!Little boys for some reason tend to do this experiment...if my head goes into the back of the chair I know it will come out. my nephew did this once.
You are right, we should keep our heads where they belong.
Incredible word picture and a memory for giggles (maybe later :0). Glad all is well. Love you friend, Roxx
Thanks for the comment. That is a GREAT story. I don't understand why they wouldn't reinact:-)
I can see your daughter now when you asked if they might do it again for a picture. Good thing you kept calm.
Oh how I wish you had had a camera. :) That would have been a classic. I love it when kids do things like that though.
Oh no!! I bet that was a site!
My grandson did this once too. My daughter was freaking out as well. My twin and I went to the rescue and got it out in a matter of minutes! So glad you were the one that was calm!
Hee hee!
Wow what wit I have to use the same chuckle on two posts. It's the cold meds I'm telling ya.
Post a Comment