I remember September 11, 2001 exactly where I was when our country was attacked. I was at work and I got a call from my husband telling me "you have to find a TV or a radio, our country is under attack!" I immediately shared this with one of my co-workers who was sitting by me at the time and she got really scared. She asked me "Is this the end of the world, are we all going to die?" I didn't have all the answers for her, but of this one thing I was sure, no matter what the outcome God was going to see us through this horrific time. I was able to share with this co-worker the love of God and that nothing man would ever do to us or our country, would ever take away his love. Life in the United States would never be the same, so many innocent lives were lost, so many families were broken. But one true thing became a constant in all of our lives, we were all aware of the great sacrifice that was made for us all by our fellow US citizens. In the words of President George Bush "Time is passing. Yet, for the United States of America, there will be no forgetting September the 11th. We will remember every rescuer who died in honor. We will remember every family that lives in grief. We will remember the fire and ash, the last phone calls, the funerals of the children.“ We will never forget!There is no better place to lull the day away, then to spend time with an old friend sitting on the front porch enjoying memories, thoughts and ponderings. I pray that as you peek through my Picket Fence that you will be blessed and may you always find peace from God. This blog is dedicated to my Children and Grandchildren, I pray that the memories and the ponderings I post here will inspire and encourage you and even make you laugh a little.
Saturday, September 11, 2010
We Will Never Forget 9/11/2001
I remember September 11, 2001 exactly where I was when our country was attacked. I was at work and I got a call from my husband telling me "you have to find a TV or a radio, our country is under attack!" I immediately shared this with one of my co-workers who was sitting by me at the time and she got really scared. She asked me "Is this the end of the world, are we all going to die?" I didn't have all the answers for her, but of this one thing I was sure, no matter what the outcome God was going to see us through this horrific time. I was able to share with this co-worker the love of God and that nothing man would ever do to us or our country, would ever take away his love. Life in the United States would never be the same, so many innocent lives were lost, so many families were broken. But one true thing became a constant in all of our lives, we were all aware of the great sacrifice that was made for us all by our fellow US citizens. In the words of President George Bush "Time is passing. Yet, for the United States of America, there will be no forgetting September the 11th. We will remember every rescuer who died in honor. We will remember every family that lives in grief. We will remember the fire and ash, the last phone calls, the funerals of the children.“ We will never forget!
No comments:
Post a Comment